This workshop imparts knowledge and skills required to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium sized network. Connecting to a LAN, WAN, switching fundamental, the TCP/IP, OSI model and IP addressing are included.
Topics to be covered
- PC Architecture, Monitors, Storage Devices
- Network basics and topology
- Basics of client server technology
- Basics of installation of Win 7 & win server 2008
- NAS/SAN/SCSI storage connectivity
- NICs & Ethernet
- Creating a peer network
- Creating a Client server network
- IP addressing
- Basic trouble shooting commands
- OSI Reference Model
- Identifying TCP/IP Layers
- Working with TCP/IP Utilities
- Networking Devices- Hub, Switch, Routers, Gateways, Brouters & Bridges.
- Identifying Data Transfer Mechanism
- Creating a LAN /WAN network
- Basic Router configuration
- Basic trouble shooting in WAN
- Comparison of LAN/WAN
Two days class room training with learn-by-doing hands on work with network gear
Ms. KIRUTHIKA S holds B.E (Electrical & Electronics) and M.E (Power Electronics), from College Of Engineering, Guindy. She has worked with several companies- IBM, NETLAND TECHNOLOGIES, CSS COMPUTERS, PRECISION ECHCONET and is currently heading DreamsPlus Consulting Pvt. Ltd. She is ITIL V3 Trainer with 12+ years of experience in Training & Development, ITIL Consulting, ITIL V3 foundation training, MCSE, CCNA, ISTQB Training. She has conducted training for several companies - IBM, SNL Financial, MTS, CSS, Global Sutherland services, CSC, Accenture, Hexaware, Verizon, TCS, L&T, ALHASSSAN and Infosys.
B.E. (CSE / IT / ECE / EEE) / MCA/ M.Tech. Students, Research scholars, Faculty from ICT related departments and IT professionals.
Time : 2nd & 3rd February 2013 - (9.30 AM - 5.30 PM)
Participation certificate by CSI to all participants
Computer Society of India
CIT Campus, 4th Cross Road, Taramani,
Chennai - 600 113.
[Landmark: - Lane Opposite to Indira nagar MRTS Railway Station]
(Situated in the opposite lane to Indira Nagar MRTS Railway Station, about 100 meters away from the Dr. Dharmambal Government Women’s Polytechnic (WPT) & Opposite to Film Institute and Catering Technology)
Registration is restricted to 50 and will be allotted on first paid basis. The amount shall be paid through a Demand Draft/Local Cheque drawn in favour of “CSI Headquarters Education” payable at Chennai to be sent to the above address along with appended registration form.
Registration Fee: (includes Training kit, lunch, Refreshment on all days and Certificate)
Professional - Rs. 2000 (CSI Member - Rs. 1800)
Faculty - Rs. 1500 (CSI Member- Rs. 1300)
Students - Rs. 1300 (CSI Member - Rs. 1100)
No spot admission will be entertained. Only pre-registered candidates will be admitted.
Click here to download registration form
Last date For Registration: 28th January 2013
Contact: 9884368428 / 9444267101
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Society of India, Education Directorate,
C I T Campus, 4th Cross Road, Taramani, Chennai – 600113
- [CSI] Ethical Hacking Workshop - March 31 & April 1 - Computer Society of India, Taramani - Chennai
- [CSI] Software Testing Workshop - March 10 & 11 - Computer Society of India, Taramani - Chennai
- [CSI]Cloud Computing Workshop - Computer Society of India , CIT Campus,Taramani - Feb 18 - Chennai
- Computer Networks - CS2302 - CSE - Anna university semester questions paper
- Computer Networks - CN - Anna University - Question bank - CS2302